Thursday, November 6, 2014

Hard At Work

Yes, really. I haven't been posting..... because I've been busy working! Never enough time in the days, or energy in the potter!

One of the things I've been working on, in between other things, is some new bonsai pots. I've just learned that, traditionally, evergreen tree bonsais are planted in unglazed pots. Unfortunately, I don't have to many clays available in my firing range (cone 6, oxidation) that are really attractive without glaze. These are OK:

Next week I'm going to get a couple of boxes of black clay and see how that goes. One thing I love about making pots - always something new to try. Well, most days I love it. Other days, I wish I could just do the things I know how to do.....

Over the next few days, I'll post some pictures of the other things I've been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment