Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Unquitting on Monday

Alright, you didn't think I really quit, did you?


The Monday after the big windstorm I arranged for one of our larger financial institutions to buy a new kiln and let me keep it at my place and use it.......

It's a ConeArt, 7.5 cubic feet, with Bartlett controller. I was, and still am, a bit dubious about the whole computer controller thing, but so far so good. To my joy and amazement, the first cone 6 firing with actual pots inside was so accurate I could hardly believe it. I had witness cones on every shelf, and every one was the same and the cone 6 witness cones were all exactly perfect - just touching down. The ware was also perfect, the glaze just the way I'm used to.

And ya gotta LOVE that lid! Spring loaded and so easy to open and close!

No comments:

Post a Comment